Students who can`t find a place in a dormitory should look for living space on the private market, not necessarily only in Saarbrücken. Other parts of the city such as Dudweiler are attractive for students. We present the district and its connection to the Saarland University here: https://youtu.be/gd3CPLgcNF4
Assistance in finding accomodations
From 15.09 to 15.11 20 the Housing Office assists the international students of the Saarland University and the htw saar in finding accomodations in and around Saarbrücken.
Starting on 15. September, students who need help are welcome to contact the Housing Office either via email : email@example.com or by phone: 0049 681 302 2852 (Monday-Friday: 13.00-15.30; Monday: 10.00-12.00). Tutors can also be contacted in person during the office hours (contacts and contact hours see below), starting 05. October
More information about the support
Searching for an affordable accommodation in the private rental sector usually can be quite stressful yet it is an exciting time.
The Housing Office is a free service for all new international students of Saarland University and htw saar. We offer you support in find off-campus housing. Our knowlegdgeable student tutors can assist you in your housing search and give guidance on what you look for.
In general, it usually takes some time to find accommodation in Saarbrücken. So if you’re looking to move beginning of October it is usually good to start your search early.
Services we offer / What we do:
- we will assist you and provide you with valuable information for searching accomodation in Saarbrücken and neighboring areas (websites, what to look for, tips)
- we work with a database of available and affordable housing
- we give advice and information about rental agreements in general
- we can answer questions that you may have during the search
- we can accompanay you to your appointment with the landlord for viewing the accommodation (max. 3 times)
- we can help you in finding short-term accommodation (e.g. hotels) for the time of your search
- if you rent an unfurnished apartment, we can help you finding cheap or used furniture
Limits to our service:
• No pick-up service from train stations and airports (BUT we can give you directions)
• We do NOT arrange a ready-to-move apartment
• We are NOT in charge of the students residence hall of the Studentenwerk , we CANNOT offer you a room there
• NO legal counselling
• Once you have an apartment, our service is done, we are NOT available during the semester
Here is the registration form: https://www.uni-saarland.de/global/welcome-center/wohnen/housing-office.html
CONTACT and CONTACT HOURS:
Phone: 0049 681 302 2852 (Mo to Fr 13.30-16 and Mo 10 -12 hrs)
Personal contact hours with the tutors at the Housing Office at Saarland University and htw saar, starting 05.October :
Welcome-Center, building A4.4
Contact hours (Office and phone calls):
Mon -Thu 13.00 -15.30 and monday 10-12
This project ist financed by Saarland Staatskanzlei